Saturday 16 May 2015

To Your Servant Give Rest

I am sad that I did not know him all that well
Nonetheless he came to be a part of the family
Rest assured that those who’ve loved like Christ, with Him will dwell
With His life, Christ has crushed death down, in great victory
Just know this, he will be missed
Yet those with God know life greater than you and I can see

With the Saints, with the Saints, give him rest oh Lord
In Your undying light, in Your arms
Let us sing, let us sing with the heavenly host
Glory to the Father, Son and Holy Ghost
Give him rest

God gave me these words and I hope that they’ll give you peace
Even though I never knew the fullness of his joy
The Lord’s faithfulness is steady and will never cease
Be glad the reward is great for those in Christ’s employ
His loved ones here, for him so dear
On ones that walk the narrow path, death can have no lease

Christ is risen from the dead
Trampling down death by death
And upon those in the tombs
Bestowing life!
Give him rest


1 comment: