Saturday 16 May 2015

How May I Hymn Thee?

V1
What shall I sing to Thee
That is worthy from my lips?
What song exists that is fitting
For You to hear?
How may I join, in Heaven’s praise?
To call on Thee, our hearts to raise?
We lay aside all earthy care
And lift our voices to the air

Chorus
With anthems from on high
Our Hallowed God be nigh
Sing of the glory due to He
Come, partake of eternity
For standing long, the sweat on ‘brow
I give to Thee, my head to bow
Highest honour given now
Holy, holy, holy Lord art Thou

V2
Who can name Thine eternal,
Endless bounds, oh God of gods?
Words cannot describe the great wonder
Of Thy true name
We magnify, Thy cross oh Lord
Such thought of life, breaking the sword
We lay aside all earthly care
And lift our voices to the air

(Chorus)

V3
What thought can I comprehend
Which understands Thy deep essence?
How may I ascend into the heavenly
Realm in prayer?
Those chants here offered soft and bold
The sweet, the ancient Psalms of old
We lay aside all earthly care
And lift our voices to the air

(Chorus 1 ½)

Holy, holy, holy Lord art Thou!

No comments:

Post a Comment